Sunday, August 20, 2017

Setting Intentions for the Eclipse

According to Freud, the Superego is that portion of our psyche that causes people to view themselves as not good enough, weak, lazy, pathetic, or, weak, and compels them to do things that often get in the way of making progress.
Since I’m no psychologist, I’m not going to examine the reasons people feel this way.  Suffice it to say, the reasons are as varied as the people who feel this way. What matters for our purposes is that we always continue working to overcome the negative thoughts. They’re slippery and will sneak up on you when you’re least expecting them. Personal affirmations can help you remember to stay positive.
Next, we need to make sure we are willing to accept the abundance that the universe sends us and be grateful for it. Things may not happen exactly as you planned, but you need to be willing to welcome all the abundance into your life. For many, this is a complete change in their interaction with the universe because you have to open yourself to the energies of the universe.

With the eclipse coming up, this week’s spell was a grounding for during the eclipse.  This is also an excellent time to set intentions for the coming year. Once you’ve decided what intention you want to set, you’re ready to ground and set your intention. 

I generally phrase my intentions in one of the following ways:

I am succeeding in . . . .
I welcome the . . . of the universe
The . . . of the universe flows to me.
I am . . . .
I have enough . . . .




Gather your grounding tools, and find a comfortable place to sit/lie. Grounding instructions
Once grounded, meditate for 10 to 15 minutes, or however long it takes until you feel ready deep within yourself.  When you reach that point, open yourself to the energy. Feel the energy of the universe flowing through you. Welcome it in with gratitude. 

Now you will set your intention. I’ve heard several theories on the length of time you need to hold your intention before you send it out into the universe, but I find that the longer I can hold onto that pure thought, the more easily the intention comes into being. The trick is to hold your belief without doubt or question, knowing the universe will grant what you ask.

Sometimes, the hardest part is just remaining calm and maintaining the belief that your intentions will come to fruition. You may be the most patient person in the world, but I am not. Patience is hard, and one thing that works for me is to let it go. As hard as it is for some of us, myself included, to let go and let the universe control things. The energy of trusting in the universe will help change your mindset and help you allow the universe to bring about what you want to manifest.


No comments:

Post a Comment