Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Summer Solstice: Trust your intuition




Spirituality is a very personal thing to me, and now that Summer Solstice is upon us, as is the super moon, the time is right for rededicating to craft and positive visions and goals regardless of which tradition you follow.  No matter your primary path, almost every site, teaching, or book will propose a different card to represent the solstice, from the High Priestess, or the Empress to the Sun and the Chariot and each will give you a little bit different way to celebrate.  This week, we’ll look at some of the primary cards suggested by different places, and just explore some of the meanings.

The beauty of the Pagan path is that it empowers each of us to trust ourselves.  I find that I take what works for me from many different paths, and incorporate them into a belief system that reflects who I am. Unless you have already found what works for you, it may take some research to find what colors, crystals, jewelry, altar supplies, and cards resonate with your energy.  My goal is simply to help you find your path, whatever that may be.  

The best way I can think to do that is to tell you what has worked for me.  You are welcome to use what I tell you, or find a way that works better for you, but if I get you started on finding your own path, I will have accomplished my goal.  For example, I choose my Solstice card by spending a bit of time focusing on each card before the solstice to see which one resonates, and then I incorporate it into my solstice celebration.  A few minutes a day will let you know which card you want to focus on for your particular goals.

The super moon will make solstice this year an especially powerful time for creating positive energy.  If you haven’t already planned your ritual or celebration, now is the time to make sure the way you spend the Sabbat reflects the path you want to take, and the goals you want to accomplish in the second part of the year.  What would you like to manifest in your life?