Tuesday, February 24, 2015

"Goals"



The dog days of summer are here.  We’ve just passed Lammas, and are on our way to Mabon, a time to celebrate the end of the fall harvest that began at Lammas.  I don’t know about you, but this year seems to be slipping by so quickly that I barely have time to turn around before the next turn of the wheel brings up another Sabbat, and we’re rapidly approaching the beginning of a new year.  I guess what made me think of it in particular was when I got the notice that the new calendars are in, but it just seems like the year has flown by.

Since Calendars are maps of our progress towards our dreams, naturally, that led me to ask myself, “What have you grown and harvested this year?”  What have I done or started this year that’s brought me closer to my goals?  What can I do in the future to achieve those goals?  Aeslin summed it up by comparing it to a Candyland board. “Are you just drawing colors - taking what comes to you without question...or are you making plans?”

What is your dream?  How much time have you spent on it this year?  Sometimes, we just have to force ourselves to start taking that time for our dreams, but it’s worth it for what you get out of it.  Personally, I have to make lists and write everything in my calendar to make sure I get everything done that I want to get done, and even then, sometimes things get carried over, and that’s when I have to remind myself that I’m still moving.  

I know how easy it is to let life get in the way of being solely focused on those goals, but this goes back to taking some time for you, or in this case, some time for your dreams.  Even if you simply write out your dreams, or make a vision board in OneNote™, take some time to think about those dreams, and what you can do to bring yourself even one step closer.  "Like any game, life will hand you surprises...it's important to have a plan to keep your actions supportive of your true intentions"

Mabon, Samhain, and Yule will be here before we know it.  How are you spending your year?